Favorite Place: Preikestolen

During the summer of my sophomore year of high school I visited Norway. There, I visited Preikestolen, Preacher's Rock, which is an outcrop along a fjord and sits about 2000 feet above the water.

View of Preikestolen. Taken by me.

Standing atop the outcrop was a fantastic experience. The fjord extend for a few miles northeast of the rock.  

View of Preikestolen with fjord in background. 
Author: Eduardo Manchon. Source: Wikipedia

To get to the top of Preacher's Rock we hiked about two and a half miles and ascended around 1,200 feet. Once atop the rock the full expanse of the landscape amazed me.  It was one of the most awe inspiring moments I have ever experienced.

Comments

  1. WOW, John, what an amazing place, and what beautiful pictures: I am going to put this in tomorrow's announcements. Fabulous! Thank you for sharing about this here; I've never been to Norway (but hey, who knows? anything is possible, right?)... and now I know that i need to go see this Preikestolen if I am there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, that is the most incredible view! I would love to visit Norway and Switzerland to see the beautiful mountains they have there. I have been hiking and climbing all over the united states but I am certainly itching to go to the Swiss alps. I would want to go for several months, and see everything there! Alas, my dream will likely never come to pass.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Aspiring Engineer

Week 10 Story: How to Treat Your Ox